An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

[Article] Types of instagib players
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Community News
Previous topic :: Next topic  
~{MS}~ o10
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed 13 May 2009, 23:28    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
.:. TYPES OF INSTAGIB PLAYERS .:.

Introduction

Teeworlds instagib has different kinds of players, with different styles and skills. But each one can be put into a category. There are three main categories strictly connected with a player's evolution.

1. Crawlers
2. Jumpers
3. Monkeys

A player's evolution resembles that of animals. First there were fish, then crocodiles, then birds and finally monkeys. First organisms didn't know how to jump, therefore they had to look for food on the ground. Then some of them learned how to jump and get the food from higher places. Finally, they learned to fly or leap from tree to tree. Each of the species found their best way of survival, the one that suits them.

The natural evolution of a player looks exactly the same. A person comes and notices that he/she can walk on the ground and shoot. Then comes the need of reaching higher places, so they start to jump. To get more speed and fluence, they start using a hook as an adaptable mechanism.

In the same way we don't have only cows on the planet, we don't have only one kind of players. An insect doesn't know that the lion is much higher in the evolution. But it doesn't care, since it has its own way. The difference is: a lion can kill an insect, but an insect can't kill a lion (unless it's allergic to bee's venom or something ;D).

But still you have to know how to survive. How to fight with other "animals". If you don't kill them, they'll kill you. You're a monkey after all. So here's a few hints:

1. Crawlers

Description

Crawlers are the most annoying players on teeworlds. During normal gameplay they're harmless, but on instagib they're a pain in the ass. Remember the feeling when you were fragged by someone you'd call a total noob? They behave and play like noobs, but they aren't. See, total noobs are not even crawlers, because they don't know what they're doing. Crawlers know exactly what they want. They want points, not fun. Their movement is limited to left and right. Like Eve said, a teeworlds player has three features: Aim, Movement and Brain. And crawlers have only Aim.

Strats

They're most likely to just walk on the ground and shoot everything in their sight. Even more often they stand somewhere and shoot in one direction only - mostly at landing Tees. They're also used to hang around important points (like entrances) to kill everyone trying to enter. So what can you do to pwn a crawler?

- Use the features a crawler doesn't have. Use Movement and Brain. Be faster, change directions rapidly - and surprise that motherfucker. Surprise is the most important.
- Don't give them an opportunity to kill you. They're waiting for you to come closer, to land on the ground. Don't do it, you can fly. They aren't used to flying targets.
- Make THEM fly. Use your hook to throw them or take them out of their natural habitat. A crocodile won't catch food in the air.
- Provoke them to uncover themselves. Come closer, then back off, then hide - make them come after you. When they're not on the ground, they're disarmed.

2. Jumpers

Description

They are like crawlers who were thrown in the air and liked it. Usually they have Aim, Movement and Brain divided into three equal parts (33%). May use a hook from time to time, but with no circus stuff. Sometimes you can have an impression that they're devoted to jumping so much they have no time to aim. However, they're more into fun than crawlers. And to be honest, it's easier to kill a jumper than a crawler.

Strats

Most of the time they just jump around the map and shoot targets. They're very likely to get involved in a mess in the center of a map with lots of other tees. Their targets are most often crawlers and other jumpers, and monkeys seem to be just too hard for them. But still a jumper can be dangerous if he/she reaches higher levels of a map, where monkeys fly. From such points they usually shoot down at everything they see. And if a jumper has good Aim and develops the Brain, you can be in trouble. You know how such players are annoying - poor movement but killer aim. So how to pwn a jumper?

- They're uncovered most of the time, but they're fearless. So cover yourself, mark a false movement, make them shoot and miss. When they miss, a quick shot should do the trick.
- Don't get involved in jumping or a mess. Stay outta this, try to shoot from bigger distances. If you start jumping around them, you're screwed.
- Let them make the first move. Their first moves are usually ineffective, so you can respond with fire after them.
- Make them jump to a place with limited movement possibilities. Between walls, in the corners, low ceiling etc. They usually panic in such places.

3. Monkeys

Description

Monkeys are the minority among instagib players. If you see somebody owning on a dm server, in 90% of cases they are monkeys. If they're good, their statistics are: 90% Aim, 100% Movement, 90% Brain. Of course there are variations of statistics as there are different monkeys. Sometimes they're too focused on their hook. But most of the time they're incredibly fast. It's the hardest type to kill, because you have to "do the monkey dance" before you frag one. Standing still in front of a monkey is deadly, and missing one is a death sentence.

Strats

What they usually do is flying all over the map, dodging, surprising and of course scoring. If there is a space with entrance, and a monkey is inside, you better hope they don't fly close to you. Because in most cases they just don't let you inside. And you rarely see them walking or jumping, hook is what they use to fly. Their gametype of choice is CTF, but some of them still fancy DM, like us for example.

Because we are monkeys, and because this type of players is the most complex, I'd like YOU guys to post your suggestions: How to pwn a monkey? I don't think my hints would be objective enough, because I too get pwned by monkeys or YOU. :P So please, post your thoughts and experiences.

My hint is: be always a step ahead. Monkeys fly a lot, deceive, change directions. So follow all a monkey does, stay close, but dodge, and hope your aim is good enough.

Also, if you don't agree with something or want to add a hint about crawlers/jumpers, feel free to post. Sayonara!

Stick to the topic or I'll stick my stick up your...

PostPosted: Wed 13 May 2009, 23:28    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
manual
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Thu 14 May 2009, 08:05    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
I'm breaking out of column.
Didn't recognize that there's a jump-button,
so i was a hooking one from the very first!
after a week, a friend told me, that you can also jump in teeworlds
all in all i would say i was moving like a handicapped monkey -
and i'm proud of it

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu 14 May 2009, 08:35    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
I personnaly guess that at my very first times I was a jumper
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu 14 May 2009, 22:41    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
I think its good to develop and evolve never stay static change your movement your standard shortest way to the flag or any specific movements which repeat. On high lvl monkey gaming the lucky ones or the monkeys in better condition win. But the point of surprising is something mentally which might change the flow of the game. There is no 100% right you can't be perfect just try your best and have fun.

Excluding campers and botters
~{MS}~ o10
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 06:16    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Cleaned. No time to mess around with haters.

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 08:51    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
~{MS}~ o10 wrote:
Cleaned. No time to mess around with haters.

What did ya clean?
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 09:30    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
great coz I totally lost my nerves yesterday
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 09:32    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Hm? Don't get anything here! What happened? Maybe pm me, Ovie?
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 12:25    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
There was a monkey hater that spread some of his hatred in this topic. o10 cleaned up his posts and Ovie's answers.

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 13:28    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Ok, good job then
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 14:14    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 15 May 2009, 19:11    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Guys, I'm in charge with IAmLegend. I'll pm him, don't bother. Just, o10, please moderate if bullshit comes up.
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Sat 16 May 2009, 07:40    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Yeah moderate faster not to let me put my weapons out
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 18 May 2009, 12:34    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
Great story, and this is certainly the very best accurate observation of player behaviour I've ever seen. This is very good reading material for anyone remotely attempting to play instagib .

If we want this would fit perfectly on the TeeNews website, with proper credits to ~{MS}~ and o10 ofcourse.

EDIT
Or maybe even better, we could give a summarize on the TeeNews site and direct people who are interested in the full article towards our own forum. This would attract people and give them something to look forward to while visiting our site.
MSN Skype
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 18 May 2009, 13:08    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players Reply with quote
~{MS}~ Azon wrote:

Or maybe even better, we could give a summarize on the TeeNews site and direct people who are interested in the full article towards our own forum. This would attract people and give them something to look forward to while visiting our site.

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Today at 00:40    Post subject: [Article] Types of instagib players
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Community News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4  >
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden