An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

Idea for a CTF extended mod
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Teeworlds related discussions
Previous topic :: Next topic  
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 11:26    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
This came out on the krypton board, begining with an idea from randombits :

Quote:
Randombits :

btw isnt it possible to create a map with more than one flag-position?that there are for example three of them, and the flag chose every time a random one of the three places...This could bring some new tactical aspects to the game and makes camping more difficult.Just an idea i wanted to write in here, too lazy to find the right topic or make a new one.

Quote:
Eve :

Could indeed be a nice idea. However, I don't really know how this could avoid defense camping, as the defenders would be able to know where the flag is before the attackers.

Here is an extension to your idea. Consider the base as an "area". A mod would detect when an ennemy tee enters this area, and at this very time, the flag would randomly appear in the base, with respect to predefined flag-respawn-points. This way, none of defenders nor attackers would know where to attack or defend, before someone attacks.

Of course, when detecting that no attacker is in the base anymore, the flag would disappear again and wait for another ennemy attacker to come, and then respawn, etc etc.

Hell I'll put that on the MS forum

What do you guys think ?

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 11:26    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
~{MS}~ Tho
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 12:52    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
Whatever mod you think of, our dear dumb insta community will try it once just to say "it sucks i want ctf4 lolomg" and the mod will disappear.

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
~{MS}~ Jini
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 13:01    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
Teeworlds servers are cheap and easy to setup (as long as you already have one), so we can try it anyway. I would code this but I have too many projects running at the moment, so I doubt I find time...
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 14:21    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
Maybe I can ask Tom, if I manage to contact him ?
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 14:21    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
But do you find the idea kinda suitable to ctf, or not ? That was my main question
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 15:15    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
It seems interesting, but it needs some testing. Unfortunately, I agree with Tho about the most probable reaction of our dear community, so I don't think it has high chances to go live. Still, we can try it.
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 15:27    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
Yeah, I have the same opinion, and unfortunately, I doubt that one will appreciate or either see the real interest of the thing, as the main behaviour is :

"The more campy it is, the more interesting it is, as it gives me chances to kill at least one guy !"

Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 17:21    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
omg guys, what are u talkin? are u oriented to pro community, or to dumb campy kids? any brain having guy will see if mod worths his attention, and finally, who if not we will dictate the new insta waves and tendences? i think that all top clans will support the idea, if it will pass tests. but the main point imo is - suitable maps. let me remind u, that till the very moment it was a great problem to create really pro-oriented ctf map, and it would be twice harder to do that to suit the mod idea.

Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 17:25    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
if they only want to kill, there are much dm - idm servers..
yui
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 17:44    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
this mod should also work for vanilla .. right? the main idea is " flag = spawning on different points"

i like it ^-^ more .. MORE tactical GAMEPLAY!!!!!! ( suitable +1)
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 17:50    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
I think more about a mod which would be called: search for the flag. I will explain.

4-6 Tees are searching a flag in the map.
If a flag is captured, you get 1 score (or 100, doesn't matter)
Then the flag is on another place
Then you have to search for this flag.
If you captured 10 flags (10 or 1000 score) you will win the match.

You can shoot the other tees for sure.

But Randoms idea could be really good.
ICQ Skype
~{MS}~ zer0
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 25 Jan 2010, 20:18    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
i think its a very good idea, and that would be a NEW thing of iCTF or CTF, i hope there will be some new ctf-things in near future

i hope "multiple-way-ctf" or maybe this http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/t544-Idea-for-near-future.htm

I like both ideas
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:29    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
Your idea seems also Ok sky, but seems also very random based. Meaning that a lot of times, the flag will appear in a good position for a team, and not for the other etc. Back to the idea I exposed, as there would be about 3/4 flag-spanws in each base, the random effect wouldn't be that big, as the flag would still stay in the respective bases.

Also, to answer to ksm's map problems : this could probably be applied to CTF2/4 easily (and also other maps on HuH server, as an example). On CTF2, there is enough space in the base to find about 3/4 flag-respawn points, and mayeb also in CTF4.

Btw I really love the idea of attacking without knowing yet where I'll have to cap the flag.
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2010, 03:18    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote
CTF1 with 4 flag spawns yeey!
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri 29 Jan 2010, 10:10    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod Reply with quote

PostPosted: Today at 00:40    Post subject: Idea for a CTF extended mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Teeworlds related discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden