An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

Teeworlds Gamer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Teeworlds related discussions
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 11:22    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Hello,

Maybe I'm a bit ambitious to post here, but whatever - the more feedback I get, the best it will be.

I recently released my modded client on the Teeworlds forum (http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/edit.php?id=67660) - as some of you may have already noticed.

Here is a (not that) little description of it :

Quote:

First, the console has been redisigned (I already posted another topic about that) :

A new starting screen :

I deleted useless debugs, and highlighted chats, system chats, client debugs in different colors to make the console more user-friendly.

(Server chats in brown also)

I patched Teecomp from spl0k (official topic), and the Friend List from Choupom (official topic).

I added a little admin panel which you can see when you're authed on the server. There are some functions to force players to join X team, or to spec, you can kick them and also (as this function is available in most of the modded servs) mute/unmute them.

The HUD has been reworked to free some screen space, and to give a faster and accurate view of your health. Some other things have been resized, like the warmup, the chat, the broadcast or the timer. You can change those configs by looking in the Settings menu, Gamer tab.

I also made some changes in the server browser, highlighting some gametypes : purple for all kinds of races, green for pure, blue for instagib, orange for basket, and white by default.
You also can set a maximum number of players in the filter.

About RACE :
There is also some special features for races, mostly about changing the "Current time : " broadcasts and the Checkpoint to something clear you can see faster, with green colors when you're making a better time and red when you're not.

There is a new feature, the gfx_full_clear that only renders the game tile, which is sometimes very useful in races to find secret ways, to pass stupid quiz or simply to have a nice view of the game when the map is a bit dark or not clear on some parts. Personnaly, I always have this feature enabled.

An example with run_guy_25 :
-> Without :

-> With :

The required entites_clear.png is in the zip.

Also, I added a one-click LAN server button. It looks for teeworlds_srv_race.exe when the gametype is RACE, and for teeworlds_srv.exe when the gametype is vanilla. It automatically set up a config and run the server with sv_register 0 and connect you on it. (you will have to refocus the client)

(Look at the button)
Unfortunately, this feature isn't compatible with other OS than Windows yet.

About BASKET :
Some features that will only interest some of you, skip if you're not interested in.

First of all, there is an option to make a basketball appearing in place of the rocket (look in the settings, one time more). The useless HUD has been deleted, and the basketball is resizable. You also can set a 5-seconds warmup that will enable at each respawn, to help you to get the timing.

I added at the end of the game a little picture on the top left corner about owning time.

All that is configurable.

About SOUNDS :
I've imported many sounds from Unreal Tournament (free sounds), availables in the patch. You can disable them or test a random one in the settings.

The implemented sounds are :
Killing spree (5 kills)
Rampage (10 kills)
Dominating (15 kills)
Unstoppable (20 kills)
Godlike (25 kills)
Wicked sick (30 kills)
Holyshit (ended)
Humiliation (killed spree)
Prepare to fight (warmup is starting)
Prepare to kill (match is starting after a warmup)
Firstblood (first kill in a match)
Multikill (two kills with the same shot - in vanilla only)
Teamkiller (selfgoal, only in ball/basket)
[/list]

Also, I've implemented a fake interface. There is a quick button on the menus browser screen that allows you to change your name in one click to another one that you have defined as a fake. You can't make chat binds when you're considered as faking and you have a linked skin to the two "personalities".
You can set up all that in the settings, like always.

Credits :
There are some little credits in the client (settings->credits), and I copy-paste them here :

--- Patched separated projects ---
spl0k (Teecomp)
Choupom (Friend List)
KillaBilla (DownloadExtension)
Sushi Tee (Beep mod)

--- Graphics ---
Puch
Sheep
Blobby
LordSkelethom

--- Sounds ---
Unreal Tournament

--- Programmation Support ---
LordSkelethom
buffer[]
#teeworlds-dev

--- Thanks to ---
The teeworlds developers for the 0.5.2.
All MBs for their ideas and feedback.

Downloads (v2.01)
Windows pack (.rar)
Windows pack (.zip)
(This includes data and binaries, extract it in your teeworlds folder and merge folders).

What's about other OS ?
Sheep and me are currently working to make the client Mac-compatible.
If any of you is interested in Linux binaries and know somebody who could compile, you can mail me or post here.

What's about the sources ?
I will provide them if you ask me for them in a mail, but I won't release a public link here.

Some patches :
Admin Panel
Arrows

Quote:
> Added in the editor test on LAN buttons
You can test a map from the editor as a race map or as pure one, by opening the file menu.
You also can directly do that with shortcuts :
Ctrl+T to test a map as pure
Ctrl+Shift+T to test a map as race

I also fixed the bug that makes the client crash when you don't have teeworlds_srv_race.exe in your folder (was due to a stupid missing else)

> Added to the admin panel an option to ban - fixed the bug when joining blue.

> Patched the Download Extension from KillaBilla, cleaned it up.
See official topic there

> Patched the Beep mod from Sushi

You only have to put into the textarea the names you want to search for separated by a space. They will be highlighted in the chat, and a different sound will be played.

How it looks in the settings:

You also can notice on the picture that I've splitted the gamer tab in the settings menu into two views.

> About the game time shower :
[removed]

Deleted respawn points and health/armor from entities_clear.png
Added some missing tiles in the entities_clear.png, alternate dark/light blue for the teleports.
Great thanks to Sheep for that.

> Added an automatic record button in the game menu

You can disable it in the settings.

> Added a system that allows you to search for exact names in the friend tab by adding before the searched name : "exact:".
Example : exact:Puch won't look for Puchy.

And now, I'm proud to present you, in my opinion the best, the newest feature from that release : an arrow system for a better view of the player streams
First of all, let's thank Puch for the graphics !

Here are the arrows :

From the top to the bottom :
* Join Red
* Join Blue
* Join the game (DM)
* Spectate
* Leave the server
* Join the server

And now... how it looks ingame !

I'm pretty sure you're thinking you don't need for all those features - actually I doubt there's anybody in Teeworlds that need them all, but I'm sure there are interested people for each separated feature, so none of them if useless.

As I know you love simplicity, I'm not really trying to advertise my client here, but to ask you comments about it, and which features you liked and (maybe) you'd like to see in your client on in the official Teeworlds. I sell for [s]1,99€[/s] 0,00€ patches about whatever you want (100% off - limited stock !), so feel free to ask. You also can download and give a try to the whole client - if you're running on Windows.

I'm sure you've got pretty good advices and (why not ?) ideas

Dunedune

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 11:22    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 12:35    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
I'll give it a try when I got some spare time to... launch teeworlds.
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 15:50    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
nice client, and there are nice ideas included, but imo its a bit too overloaded
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 21 Jun 2010, 17:22    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
What are to you the nice features you just quoted ? Do you think I should present some of them to official developers ?
As I haven't got that much experience in playing Teeworlds, I need reviews from very experienced players, that's why I'm asking your help
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 14:56    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
the admin-part in the menu is good e.g., good idea

i also like the arrows when you join a server or change team (maybe there would be new arrows if this is going to be released in a new official version)

maybe something more is needed from your mod (or not), but i dunno ... will see when it will be released
Mad
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 20:18    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
And what about Linux users. If you have got free time, you can create an archive in .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 with the binaries and the sources. Try to upload it on MegaUpload for example
I need sources for take a look. And what are the libraries for compile it?
Anyway, i have another question: Your version uses the 0.5.2 base or it use the 0.6.0 from matricks SVN?
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 20:44    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Mad wrote:
And what about Linux users. If you have got free time, you can create an archive in .tar.gz or .tar.bz2 with the binaries and the sources. Try to upload it on MegaUpload for example

I said in the official topic I was sorry about Linux users, and said if anybody wanted to compile it on linux, I could provide him patch - anyway it's open source. For binaries, look download links.
I also said there that I won't post a public, link, please ask for the patch by mail, or ask me publicly giving your mail.

Quote:
I need sources for take a look. And what are the libraries for compile it?

Just compile it like you would have compiled a normal project. I just know Teeworlds use the SDL, but well normally you don't need to know that, configure it like it's said in the official tutorial.

Quote:
Anyway, i have another question: Your version uses the 0.5.2 base or it use the 0.6.0 from matricks SVN?

I've been developping this project for around 8 months, so it's based on 0.5.1, with a 0.5.2 patch.
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 21:07    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
"Mute player" must be the greatest feature of the whole thing :>

I like the status icons too.

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 21:09    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
~{MS}~ Tho wrote:
"Mute player" must be the greatest feature of the whole thing :>

Mmh... it's a server-side feature, this means it only works with some modded servers. The admin panel doesn't add any features client-side, it simply makes a more user-friendly interface.
However, in the next version I will try to implement a client-side mute.
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 22 Jun 2010, 21:59    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
A server-side is good enough though, but a client-side would be pretty much interesting indeed.

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
Mad
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Sun 27 Jun 2010, 00:41    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
I tried the client and i like it. There are so many options! And it seems that I have a better ping than default version.
Well done!

When you leave this game, you have a new message but there is a fault: Are you sure that you want to quit this great game(r) .

Last edited by Mad on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 17:56; edited 2 times in total
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 17:16    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Mad wrote:
I tried the client and i like it. There are so many options! And it seems that I have a better ping than default version.
Well done!

Thanks... but I did not include the antiping, and I don't get why you would have a better ping on it, as I haven't done any optimization... Only feature that would make Teeworlds consuming less CPU is the gfx_full_clear, the game tiles shower, because you have quite less things to render.

Quote:
edit: When you leave this game, you have a new message but there is a fault: Are you sure that you want to quit this great game(r) .

Oh... this was just a compulsive joke when I saw this part of code... didn't plan to release it. Thank you for remembering me to delete that
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 17:56    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Quote:
When you leave this game, you have a new message but there is a fault: Are you sure that you want to quit this great game(r) .

You can just delete the "r" behind "game" because i love this sentence. It makes me laughing when I leave Teeworlds.
Dunedune
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 18:40    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Mad wrote:
Quote:

You can just delete the "r" behind "game" because i love this sentence. It makes me laughing when I leave Teeworlds.

I always use the console to leave Teeworlds - or a bind, kinda faster.
If you want you can edit it yourself: open the teeworlds_gamer.exe with a notepad, look for the sentence and edit it
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 30 Jun 2010, 19:03    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer Reply with quote
Thanks dude, I didn't know.
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 00:48    Post subject: Teeworlds Gamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Teeworlds related discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden