An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Languages
Previous topic :: Next topic  
~{MS}~ Zongo
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2011, 18:23    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
Ok, as you might know I'm indeed trying to learn some french here, got some grammar literature and vocabulary lists and stuff and I more or less just started to learn (very) basic vocabulary and pronounciation for some time. Since I have some kind of deal with Tho about learning each other's languages sooner or later (well, later) I apparently have no choice anyways

However, in general I'm opening this thread for:
- annoy the frenchies with stupid questions
- ask others who might also have tried french for literature tips/websites/etc. (anyone here?)
- discuss about advances and problems with french in general

Also, let me (try to) add my opinion:
Je suis d'avis que les règles de la orthographe du français sont une pain in the ass grande.

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2011, 18:23    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
James
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2011, 19:24    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
It's "de l'orthographe" , "le" or "la" with "i,o,e,u,a" -> "l'"

Muhaha my french skills are epic :>
~{MS}~ ksm
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2011, 20:12    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
I totally forgot even basic french. ;/

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 17 Oct 2011, 22:23    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
James wrote:
It's "de l'orthographe" , "le" or "la" with "i,o,e,u,a" -> "l'"

Muhaha my french skills are epic :>

okay, merci je dois apprendre cette règle ..
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 00:22    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
James is right :>

And as a german you can't tell our grammar rules are a pain in the ass, it's just unfair.

Also I'm open to any question you might have about our insanity, and will try to explain the best I can with examples.

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
~{MS}~ Zongo
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 01:00    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
~{MS}~ Tho wrote:
And as a german you can't tell our grammar rules are a pain in the ass, it's just unfair.

Alors, je n'ai pas dit grammaire mais orthographe. En fait, je suis d'avis que la grammair francais est passablement facile, sinon je ne serais pas à même de construire des phrases approximativement correctement.
(* I did not say grammar but orthography. In fact, i find the french grammar quite simple, else i would not be able to construct roughly correct sentences)

(however it took me a while to build this and its probaly gibberish please correct me)
However of course my spanish knowledge helps a lot here.

~{MS}~ Tho wrote:

Also I'm open to any question you might have about our insanity, and will try to explain the best I can with examples.

merci, Je utiliserai.
[Somehow I feel the word for "this" is missing here, right?]
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 05:48    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
Alright Zongo not bad. Here's my correction :
Grammaire francaise (c takes like ¢ which my phone doesn't have), approximativement correctes, and your "this" would be "je l'utiliserai".
~{MS}~ Zongo
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:37    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
James wrote:

Grammaire francaise (c takes like ¢ which my phone doesn't have)

oh, oui, j'ai oublié modifier l'adjectif according to (selon?) le genre, correct?
*Oh, right, i forgot to modify the adjective according to the sex, right?

James wrote:

approximativement correctes

ok, here i just screwed up the usage of adverbs vs. adjectives ..

James wrote:

, and your "this" would be "je l'utiliserai".

pronoms objectives, right? Je me rappelle que j'ai détesté les déjà dans espagnol..
*I remember that i hated those already in spanish..

merci beaucoup

En fait, il n'est difficile pas si on sait espagnol. Mais ceci no signifie que je aussi peux parler .. pas encore suis trop lent.
*In fact, it ain't difficult if one knows spanish. But that does not mean that i'm able to speak.. not yet, I'm too slow.

Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:01    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!? Reply with quote
~{MS}~ Zongo wrote:

Alors, je n'ai pas dit grammaire mais orthographe. En fait, je suis d'avis que la grammair francais est passablement facile, sinon je ne serais pas à même de construire des phrases approximativement correctement.

The only thing I can correct here the last word. Correctement is "correctly", and should here be replaced by "correctes", which means "correct", with respect to the plural feminine

PostPosted: Today at 04:40    Post subject: Learning french, a.k.a. WTF!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Languages All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Portal | Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden