An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

dLx. invites you
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Clan Wars // Challenge the Monkeys
Previous topic :: Next topic  
dLx.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2011, 20:45    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote

Hello everybody! Dear XXX-Clan,
I'd like to invite you to the "Deluxe-Clan-tournament".
Maybe you know that we are planning an event and it would give us great pleasure if you take part.

1) Our Clan
2) The procedure
3) What's the difference between this tournament and others?
4) Who guarantees that the tournament is planned well and will take place?
5) Obligations
6) Appointments
7) Registration and term of registration

1) Our Clan

The clan Deluxe already exists for over one year and as time passed we have established ourselves in the instagib-scene.
We follow the well-tried leader-system.
Nevertheless our nice and courteous members aren't disadvantaged because of this, since they've got the same rights a leader has.
Skill has never ranked first in our clan and it never will.
Fun on the game and friendship is much more important for us.
On 6th of December we became 1.5 years old and we're going to subsist for a long time -
to welcome new friends in our community and to never forget about the fun on Teeworlds.
In all these 1.5 years, but also before, the members of Deluxe gained some kind of knowhow,
which is necessary to organize such a tournament.

2) The procedure

There are 12 clans invited and we're sure that these clans possess the patience, the experience and the skill to take part.
The teams will be randomly divided into four groups consisting of three clans.
Each clan plays one time against all of the two other clans in the group.
The clan which gathers least points (through caps and flagtouches) in the group stage is knocked out of the tournament.
The other two teams advance to the knockout stage.
In the quarter-finals the group winner of the first group plays against the second of the second group,
the group winner of the second group against the second of the first group, same for the third and fourth group.
The winner teams advance to the semi-finals and play against the other winner teams to advance to the final.
The loser teams are knocked out.
The match schedule will be visible on our board.
The group stage's matches will be 3on3s, the quarter and semi finals 4on4s and the final 5on5.
We're looking forward to some exciting and epic matches!

3) What's the difference between this tournament and others?

In the first place we want to underline that this won't be a pure ctf4_old tournament.
We wondered how to make this tournament more interesting, especially for the older and a little inactive clans.
At first we thought about prizes, but we scrapped the idea because we don't have the ressources for it.
Furthermore we think that the honor, the fun and the variety such a tournament can bring to Teeworlds
is better than owning a server for a few months, for example.
Therefore we decided to play on different maps.
Maybe we can achieve that some of the maps become more famous and popular afterwards.
Following maps will be played in the group stage:

group 1: test_11
group 2: Lost
group 3: Beachfight
group 4: Desertcamp

In the quarter-finals the teams can choose between ctf2 and ctf_mars.
In the semi-finals and in the final will be played on ctf4_old.

4) Who guarantees that the tournament is planned well and will take place?

Nobody.
You just have to trust in the organisational team and in the clan Deluxe.
Here I want to distinguish that we exist for almost 1.5 years and have the knowhow to organize such a tournament.
Besides Calvino helps us to go ahead with this and I can tell that he's very experienced.
In the Teeworlds-Friends Community he proved to have organizational skills by accomplishing some events.
Moreover there is the possibility that one member of your team can join the organisational team,
if we think that he/she is suitable.
Let me present the organisational team to you:
Ehri (dLx. Leader/Founder)
oaky' (dLx. Member)
Paiste (dLx. Member)
Calvino (DoD Leader/Founder, TwF-Admin)

5) Obligations

In order that the project works, we need your help.
There has to be an active representative of every particpating clan registered on our board,
who can share important informations with the other members.
Besides the representative has to be present at the server when his clan takes on another team.
If he doesn't appear the appropriate team will be disqualified and they lose this match 1000:0.
After a match has been played, both teams have to upload a demo and a screenshot of it on our board
and they have to confirm the validity of the match.
While playing you have to add the character "~" to your nick or clantag,
so we can see that it's really a match for the tournament.

6) Appointments

The group stage takes place from 20.01 to 22.01.2012
You can look at the match schedule to see who your opponents are.
When the group stage is over, there will be a little break for 1 week-
We're going to inform your clan on your board anyways,
nevertheless it's advisable to check our clanpage (dlx-tw.de) regularly during the tournament.

7) Registration and term of registration

Registrations will only be accepted if they are posted on the appropriate subforum (click) on www.dLx-tw.de.
In order that we still have enough time for looking after a replacement,
you have to register by the 6th of january at the latest.

prizes

For various reasons we decided against donating something to the victorious Clan, because the search for a suitable prize was fraught with problems. Moreover we organized this tournament for your pleasure. Therefore the prize is fun, variety, experience and it might be the honor to win this tournament.

I hope we could arouse your interest and hope that you're gonna take part!
For further questions you can contact us on dlx-tw.de
Best regards, Deluxe

Last edited by dLx. on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:08; edited 2 times in total
Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2011, 20:45    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
James
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2011, 22:37    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Quote:
the semifinal will be a 4on4 match and the final will be a hopefully epic 5on5 match.

You really want to play 4on4 or 5on5 on ctf4_old? Sorry but that's a really bad idea in my eyes. This map is so damn small and imo designed for 2on2 or 3on3 matches. If I was in your position I'd rethink of taking ctf4_old as final map.
dLx.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec 2011, 22:47    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
We don't hear that the first time, but we think that (unfortunately) ctf4_old is the most played instagib map, so an instagib cup should include ctf4_old.
Once i played a 4on4 on ctf4_old and it was really funny.
I never played a 5on5, but i saw a screen of a 7on7 (duration: 55min)and just heard positiv feedback for this match.
That's the reason why we decided to play with more than 2 or 3 players per team

But of course we can rethink about it, if the other invited Clans are the same opinion. If you really want to see that changend, i ask you to open a new topic here: http://dlx-tw.de/index.php?page=Board&boardID=51 so the other clans can give their opinion

so long
dLx. oaky

PS: what is your first impression about our tournament? Do you think there is a chance that you will take part ?
~{MS}~ XaKe
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2011, 06:40    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Stopped reading at: "the final will be a hopefully epic 5on5[ctf4] match."
James
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:43    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Well the tournament as a whole seems to be pretty well organized and I like the idea of bringing in different maps in the "qualification" rounds, since playing ctf4 and ctf2 only is getting boring since those maps take place in almost every tourney. Personally, I always try to support the idea of tournaments in this game since it brings a lot of fun.

Still, as already stated, I think that making the finals 4on4/5on5 on ctf4 will not do any good for the tournament, since the combination of those two things tends to result in a chaos. I once played a 4on4 clanwar while I was member of Nano and it wasn't really that fun, since people will ultimately be in each others way, no matter how well their teamplay is.

Speaking for the other MS members, I am pretty sure that they won't be very enthousiastic to play the finals, although I think that the other rounds might be just our type of play. Still, we're going to check this on an internal base.

I am now also going to post on your board as you suggested it.
~{MS}~ Shubi
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:44    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
ctf4 with 5vs5. kthx.
dLx.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:14    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
I made a huge mistake !
I've copied the wrong english version of the invitation.
The one u've read was the version before rndm gave us a hand with the translation, so don't think that he isn't able to write correct english anymore. He definately can ! it was my fault

dLx. oaky
~{MS}~ XaKe
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu 22 Dec 2011, 23:06    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Sry for spam, but srsly?
dLx.
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Fri 23 Dec 2011, 01:04    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
yes
rndm was really upset, cuz his name were under the bad invitation.
He didn't want us to damage his reputation, so I preferred this way.
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec 2011, 14:22    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Hello dLx. From what I understood, this was not the good invitaiton translation. Could you copy the lastest one please ? 
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec 2011, 16:02    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Oh sry Eve
i forgot to mention that I changed the invitations before i wrote the post concerning the lil' mistake, so the text in the first post is the right now.

Apart from that we replanned the K.O stage and we decided that you can make a choice between 3 alternatives.
First I want to say that in quarter-finals you cannot decide between ctf_mars and ctf2 anymore. In the quarter-finals you will play on ctf_mars and in the semi-finals on ctf2.
Now you can decide between those 3 alternatives for the final match:
1.playing 3on3 on ctf4_old
2.playing on another map (an already existing map) ( x on x dependent on the map size)
3.playing on a map, who doesn't exist yet (or isn't released till yet)

please discuss on that intern and write us your choice here.
Ofc the other Clans can decide, too.

btw: happy (belated) x-mas to all of you monkeys
~{MS}~ Shubi
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed 28 Dec 2011, 21:14    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
When playing on the unknown map, will it be released or shown before the final takes part. Or will be final then be played "on sight"?
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:19    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
"On sight" would be fun, but kind of "random"
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:30    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Would be interesting to play finals on a map no participant has ever seen. It would show which team can adapt quickier and better. A good idea might be to make a whole tournament this way, but then a lot of new good-quality maps is required.
~{MS}~ Shubi
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:58    Post subject: dLx. invites you Reply with quote
Indeed, but I like the idea
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 01:01    Post subject: dLx. invites you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Clan Wars // Challenge the Monkeys All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden