An Instagib Teeworlds Clan

finest quality spinning since 2008

IRC: #monkeystyle on quakenet

Kill function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Floody discussions - Public
Previous topic :: Next topic  

What do you think about self kill bind?
Return it to the 1 second delay of 0.4.3
53%
 53%  [ 29 ]
Keep the 3 second delay of 0.5.0
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Remove the function completely
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Remove the full health respawn advantage
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Increase the respawn delay even further
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 54

Azon
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 16:56    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
One of the most irritating changes I've noticed in 0.5 (besides the stability bugs many people have reported) is the delayed kill function. Instead of the 0.4.3 1 second it now takes 3 seconds. In my opinion this seriously conflicts the tactical usage in both DM / TDM (respawn with health) and CTF (return to flag, pass flag along). Voices from the devs team suggest they don't consider it to be a very common tactical usage and want to discourage it's use for health respawn and flag returning. Of course the devs set the rules and we are forced to live up to them, but I would still be interested what your opinion about this (in my opinion to some degree game breaking) change is.

One of the most difficult situations which I find it hard to adapt to is chasing the flagcarrier and having to return manually when there's a serious risk of another enemy caping the flag before I've returned. For example on lost this means climbing up manually where as previously the respawn function would have made it a quick climb. For a successful defense it would thereby be impossible to rely on one defender, but it would require a second one to cover the time between returning the flag and returning to it's position.

Maybe it's just me unwilling to adapt to 0.5, but I think it would at least be valuable to discuss this development before accepting it without reconsideration.
MSN Skype
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 16:56    Post subject: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 17:07    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
Very good thread Azon, as usual

I personnaly voted for keeping it to three seconds. First of all, that forces the players to think about self killing before doing it, because you have to time seriously in order to be sure not to miss the thing. Moreover, this still allows cap paths (mostly on Lost), but will affect the defense for 3 seconds.

I've been training of not using it since a while, so i'm Ok with this new change, I've already adapted
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 17:51    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
the developers make changes based on the gameplay of vanilla, but also affects instagib, wouldnt surprise me if it should be a very common feature for insta.
I think i havent selfkilled since 0.5.0 ... perhaps a broken bind
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 18:29    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
I've always disliked the selfkill thingy for the same reason the developers say. It's not a very common way of playing, and it kinda ruins the fun of the game. When you start using stuff like selfkill, your frist priority becomes the win, which makes the fun comes after.

You know, when an attacker just passed through you, well you have to accept it and run after him, and try to become better not to let him pass the next time. Using the selfkill ruins the pleasure of an attacker imo, therefore ruins the fun of the game itself.

So I'm glad there are now things like 3sec to piss off people who use it everytime hehe

Behold bastard son, I am the evil one !
~{MS}~ Zongo
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 20:45    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
~{MS}~ Eve wrote:

I personnaly voted for keeping it to three seconds. First of all, that forces the players to think about self killing before doing it, because you have to time seriously in order to be sure not to miss the thing. Moreover, this still allows cap paths (mostly on Lost), but will affect the defense for 3 seconds.
I've been training of not using it since a while, so i'm Ok with this new change, I've already adapted

I second that!
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jan 2009, 23:50    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
It looks exactly the same with me, Eve ...over
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue 20 Jan 2009, 01:25    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
Seems like lots of us have the same opinion ...

over
Monkey
Monkey

PostPosted: Wed 21 Jan 2009, 19:12    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
I vote for complete removal of kill function. No more bullshit about delays and diffrences in servers. Dont use it since 0.5 anyways
X-Ray
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jan 2009, 22:56    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
Im glade they changed that. I allways thought it was a pretty lame tactic to kill oneself.
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jan 2009, 01:57    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
By the way now i don't use it. Don't have the bind at all
Diddy Kong
Diddy Kong

PostPosted: Fri 2 Oct 2009, 18:10    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
i agree with Tho and Bug...
Selfkill kills the Fun of the Game...
ICQ MSN Skype
~{MS}~ Eve
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon 5 Oct 2009, 13:01    Post subject: Kill function Reply with quote
Duality wrote:
i agree with Tho and Bug...
Selfkill kills the Fun of the Game...

Idd, I'm glad that devs put a 3 seconds delay for the respawn.

PostPosted: Today at 01:07    Post subject: Kill function
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MonkeyStyle Forum Index // Other Topics // Floody discussions - Public All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create my own forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden